Wednesday 18 August 2010

Beauty Pageants

So this is controversial, but nevermind :)

Baby Beauty Pageants annoy me so much! Why would you do that to a little girl? I don't understand why parents decide its okay to cake a 5 year old in make up and make her dress up in virtually nothing and then parade around a stage in front of strangers and judges! Why would you want somebody to judge how a 5 year old looks! It's crazy! I mean, I think beauty pageants are a good way to get more confidence and to show off your talents/ looks. But then there's the disappointment if you don't win. How can parents stand to see their daughter crying her eyes out because a few judges don't think she's as good as the girl who won? The poor girls must feel humilated stood on stage if they don't win. It's just the make up thing that really bothers me! The girls should wear little/ no makeup. They don't need it! Since when do 3 year olds have bad acne?! You're just making your daughter think that she needs make-up to look pretty. Also, what if your 3 year old daughter doesn't want to be entered in a beauty pageant, but her mother forces her to do it?! I think beauty pageants should be left for teenagers and woman who choose to enter.

Sorry if this has offended anyone, but I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are :)


Rant over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment